Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Living Life

I woke up this morning to the warmth of the sun
No hangover to cure, I can enjoy it and have fun
With my windows open wide I hear the birds sing
I never realized the happiness this would bring 
Children outside laughing and playing
The trees ever so slightly swaying
The bright colors of the flowers and grass
Things I would have missed if I hadn’t fell on my ass
I made mistakes and now a chance to make a new start
No regrets for making them, I played the lead part
I am who I am and exactly where I’m supposed to be
Why did I try to be anything else except me?
Taking baby steps along the way
I can now accept life just for today
Live today like it’s your last
Don’t live in the past
Miracles happen, wishes do come true
These are the things that happen when you let yourself be you

No comments:

Post a Comment